When I right-click on a file and use “Send To > Mail Recipient”, it doesn’t use Affixa
You need to check two things:
- That Affixa is the default mail application on your computer. To do this, go to the Affixa Options screen and choose the “Computer & Internet” tab. If this contains red text, Affixa isn’t your computer’s current default mail application. Click the “Make Default” button to fix this.
- If Affixa is your computer’s default mail application but you still have problems, you need to check your “Send To > Mail Recipient” option hasn’t been hijacked by another application:
- Download and unzip this file to your computer.
- Go to the folder where you unzipped the file. You should notice that the file has an icon like an envelope.
- Drag a file you’d like to attach to an email on top of the “Mail Recipient” file’s envelope icon.
- If it opens in Affixa, this confirms that your “Send To > Mail Recipient” option has been hijacked.
- If confirmed, go to Windows Explorer and type shell:sendto in the address bar.
- Delete any existing “Mail Recipient” files.
- Move the file you downloaded into this folder.