Common MAPI Problems
MAPI is short for “Messaging Programming Application Interface”, which is the means by which applications in Windows send email messages. Affixa uses MAPI to do its work.
If you receive any of the following messages:
- “Logon failed. You must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book”;
- “An email session could not be started. Please check your MAPI installation”;
- Any other error message containing the word “MAPI”;
please check that Affixa is your computer’s default mail application. To do this, go to Start > All Programs > Affixa > Options and then choose the “Computer & Internet” tab.
- If there is a message in red saying Affixa isn’t your default mail application, click the button to make Affixa the default.
- If there is a message in green saying Affixa is your default mail application:
- Go to the folder on your computer where Affixa is installed. This will be either C:\Program Files\Notably Good Ltd\Affixa or C:\Program Files (x86)\Notably Good Ltd\Affixa, depending upon your computer.
- Find the file called Affixa-DefaultMail.exe and double click this. No application window will appear as the program finishes its work in under a second.
At this point, try using Affixa again. If the problems persist, please contact us and we’ll do our best to help.