You receive a message asking you to close Internet Explorer when installing the software
The installer cannot be run while Internet Explorer is running. To download and then run the installer using Internet Explorer you should:
- Click on the link to download the installer from our Download page.
- When prompted whether to Open or Save the file, choose to save it (e.g. to your desktop).
- Once the download has completed, close down all copies of Internet Explorer.
- Run the installer by double-clicking on the file you downloaded (e.g. on the desktop).
Very occasionally, you may still receive this message even though you believe all copies of Internet Explorer have been closed. This is because another application that is running on your computer uses Internet Explorer itself, but it’s not visible to you. If you find yourself in this situation, try the following:
- Save any work as you will need to restart your computer as the last step.
- Close down all running applications.
- Press Ctrl, Alt and Delete together and then choose “Task Manager” (alternatively, you can right-click on the task bar and choose this as a menu option).
- If there are any items listed on the “Applications” tab, click on each and then click the “End Task” button until the list is empty.
- Try running the Affixa installer you downloaded in steps 2 & 3 in the first series of steps above. This time it should run without complaining about Internet Explorer.
- After the installation has completed, either log off and then log on again, or reboot your computer.